What is Surrogacy
Surrogacy is an arrangement of a branch of fertility treatment where the pregnancy takes place inside a surrogate, the assisted person for the implantation of an embryo created with the help of an IVF technology.In a more general sense,
Surrogacy is a branch of reproduction that involves carrying out of pregnancy outside the womb of the mother with help of an assisted surrogate(temporary holder of a child inside a womb). Various surrogacy clinics in Mumbai are integrated with all the resources and legal information that one needs to learn regarding it.
Types of surrogacy
1. TRADITIONAL SURROGACY: It is a natural process where a sperm is introduced into a female uterus so that the pregnancy can take place through IVF technology.
2. GESTATIONAL SURROGACY: It includes the implantation of an embryo with IVF technology in a surrogate also known as the gestational carrier.
Why do you need to go for surrogacy?
If a couple or a person is planning to have a baby but is unable to give birth due to lack of reproductive elements or lack of a partner but still plans to become a single parent, in that case, we need surrogacy or a surrogate.This lengthy process includes a number of legal instructions and guidance. Where many countries are still lacking behind in providing its people the privilege of becoming a parent, surrogacy clinics inMumbai are providing you with all the sources and guidance from forming a decision to deciding a surrogate for yourself to all the legal requirements one needs.
Laws around surrogacy in India
In case you are not aware of all the laws that this process consists of, here are few to make you more familiar with the process. Although laws keep shifting or changing this are some basic that are mandatory in case you are thinking of going for one.
- The woman who is giving birth to a child is the legal mother of that child.
- The man who is providing his sperm to be put inside the uterus is the legal father of that child.
- In the case of an event of the death of a surrogate along the process or any one of the intended parents, a surrogacy arrangement should provide for financial support for the surrogate child.
- Sex-selective surrogacy is prohibited.
- In case a surrogate mother or the donor do not want to reveal their identity, it should be provided.
- The birth certificate of a child should contain the name of the commissioned parents.
The IRIS IVF CENTRE at Saraogi hospital in Mumbai are there to provide you with an end to end solutions to all your legal queries and makes sure that you have a hassle-free experience. With the acceptance of surrogacy in our country, the couples are able to become parents, through the help of surrogates a new life is born and welcome with all the care and support.
All the couples deserve to become parents and this practice supports and believe in serving the mankind by coming together and giving a hand of full of love and affection to the ones who need it and create this world a better place to live in.